[mythtv-users] Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H, 1080p problems?

Troy Goodson TroysLists at Lavabit.com
Fri May 22 04:51:54 UTC 2009

I'm considering a system using a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard.
There seems to be a lot of people who have used this board.  I've
found a lot positive remarks out there from people who have used it,
but also a couple of comments about problems with 1080p (below) over
HDMI and maybe DVI.

Is anyone out there using this motherboard with a 1080p display at
1920x1080?  Have you had to deal with jitters? Is the image being cut
off, as described below?  Were you able to solve these problems?

"stopped pursuing XvMC as an option and ended up solving my mpeg2 view
jitters by reducing my X resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720"
"mpeg2 video stuttering followup"  ojw at weilerfamily, Sep 27, 2008

"we did notice a scanning problem with the 7100 graphics adapter's
driver. Despite outputting a 1920x1080 native resolution to our
display, the edges of the Windows Vista desktop (including the
Taskbar) were lost beyond the edges of the display and there was no
way to remedy this using NVIDIA's driver. It did the same through its
DVI port when we used a DVI to HDMI adapter."
14 Jan 2008 - http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/pc_components/gigabyte/ga-73pvm-s2h_rev_1_0/219001

also, see and edit http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Gigabyte_GA-73PVM-S2H

Thanks,

Troy.