[mythtv-users] OT: 5.1 headphones??

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu May 14 15:12:38 UTC 2009

> Schedule has me finding myself getting around to watching my shows/movies
> much later at night nowadays and I'm a 5.1 nut, gotta watch my stuff with it
> blasting and immersing me, so can someone recommend some decent 5.1
> headphones that would allow me to enjoy and let my family sleep comfortably
> at night (hehe) ??

Since there are only two speakers w/ headphones any 5.1 headphone setup is
going to be a bit of cleverness.

> I see these: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826235005
> But they are quite pricey.

Yeah, a bit. I have seen wireless cans for less then that:
http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/wireless/sennheiser-rs-130.php

(note that these have a surround sound processor in them). These guys
are in Montana,
maybe you can nip across the border and pick these up. In Canada the
part number is
rs-136. You snowbacks always get the good stuff first ;)

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/