[mythtv-users] Initial foray into Mythtv

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:23:27 UTC 2009

> I'll peruse eBay again, maybe the madness has slowed there.  Why do
> people pay near full price for things on eBay that they can get new on
> newegg or amazon?  Baffling.

I usually set my cutoff to 75% of the newegg price but I expect to pay
around 50%. On Black Friday, I paid around $400 US total for a 2.83
GHz core2 quad + 6GB of quality corsair / OCZ memory + a quality
motherboard (ASUS P5Q PRO) + an ANTEC 650W 80+ power supply. That was
when Microsoft was giving 30% cashback on ebay buy it now. So for some
if the items I paid almost newegg prices but after my refund all was
good.

John