[mythtv-users] Initial foray into Mythtv

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 11 14:27:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 08:16:50 Matthew Keefe wrote:
> I don't personally see the need to run the frontend 24/7.  Can the
> backend not properly function without the frontend to manage the
> scheduling?  Powered off seems like a better option than powered low.
> Of course, as has been mentioned, the PS3 might never be sussed out
> properly.  In that case the Ion would be a nice frontend.  It would be
> nice to have flash support though.  I grow more fond of hulu as time
> goes on, and fewer boxes connected to the tubes is preferable.

The PS3 will never be a practical Myth F/E in my opinion. I use mine only as a
UPnP control point, and not very often.

> I'll peruse eBay again, maybe the madness has slowed there.  Why do
> people pay near full price for things on eBay that they can get new on
> newegg or amazon?  Baffling.

Some people are just eBay fanatics, though I'd be surprised to find many of
them on this list. I go to eBay and the like only when I need something I
can't find elsewhere, not to save money. IMHO eBay purchases are risky in
several ways.

I'm convinced that the bids on eBay items are artificially inflated in a lot
of cases, and some people just get caught up in the bidding.

--
beww
beww at beww.org