[mythtv-users] Is anybody able to change channels on a 4250HDC STB via firewire?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:25:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got Mythbuntu 8.10 running with 0.22-trunk and have set up a slave BE
> with an HD-PVR. I have succesfully been able to capture video from my
> SA4250HDC STB and would like to use one of the firewire contrib scripts to
> change the channel. However, none of the scripts work. When I attempt to use
> the SA3250 script, I get the message "Ignoring SA 4250HDC on node 1 -- sorry
> not supported yet Could not find SA3250HD or SA4200HD on the IEEE 1394 bus."
>
> Has anybody found a way to change the channel on this STB? I'm open to any
> option. Thanks in advance.

If you are using the 6200ch script, you must add the STB's vendorID
and modelID in the source code and recompile.
I found it by running 6200ch with the args:

6200ch -v -n <node> 2

example for node 0:

6200ch -v -n0 2

This will report the vendorID and modelID that you need to place in
6200ch. You add it to the top of the code and there is a place near
the bottom to add as well.

If you are not using 6200ch, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

--
Brad Fuller