[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:09:48 UTC 2009

I've been holding back all my machines to kernels 2.6.25 and below
because of some nfs lockups.  I tracked down the following thread on
the lkml, and it sounds like if your nfs server is 2.6.25 or below,
and the client is above that, there is an issue. Here is the thread,
it starts out talking about apic errors that seem to cause some people
problems, but later talks about a change titled:

SUNRPC: Use shutdown() instead of close() when disconnecting a TCP socket

That seems to be the cause of problems in my environment.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/985537?search_string=NFS%20regression%20in%202.6.26;#985537