[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

Glen Sagers gsagers at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 19:40:11 UTC 2009

Ozzy Lash wrote:
> I've been holding back all my machines to kernels 2.6.25 and below
> because of some nfs lockups.  I tracked down the following thread on
> the lkml, and it sounds like if your nfs server is 2.6.25 or below,
> and the client is above that, there is an issue. Here is the thread,
> it starts out talking about apic errors that seem to cause some people
> problems, but later talks about a change titled:
>
> SUNRPC: Use shutdown() instead of close() when disconnecting a TCP socket
>
> That seems to be the cause of problems in my environment.

And that seems to be the time my errors started occurring was with
2.6.26 - but the problem is that I need a new kernel for some other
patches on the master backend, and an older kernel on the slave backend
for a particular blaster, so I guess I'll grin & bear it for now.  Right
now I have to restart NFS every few days, not too big a hassle.