[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth Mytharchive Python issues

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Wed May 6 12:51:30 UTC 2009

Hello, I read the following page:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/Mytharchive#MythArchive_doesn.27t_work._It_gets_t
o_the_log_viewer_and_just_sits_there._What.27s_wrong.3F

	From my mythburn.log file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 72, in
<module>
import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont, ImageColor
ImportError: No module named Image

	Now I can find these files on my sytem
root at mythtvhostname:~# locate ImageDraw.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/ImageDraw.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/ImageDraw.pyc
/usr/share/pyshared/PIL/ImageDraw.py

root at mythtvhostname:~# locate Image.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/email/MIMEImage.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/email/MIMEImage.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/Image.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PIL/Image.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/vipsCC/VImage.py
/usr/share/pyshared/PIL/Image.py

	The rest are there just leaving them out to keep this email size
down.
	Apt-get thinks they are installed as well

root at mythtvhostname:/myth/tmp/mytharchive/temp/logs# apt-get install
python-mysqldb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-mysqldb is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 63 not upgraded.
root at mythtvhostname:/myth/tmp/mytharchive/temp/logs# apt-get install
python-imaging
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-imaging is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 63 not upgraded.
root at mythtvhostname:/myth/tmp/mytharchive/temp/logs#

	I have both 2.4 and 2.5 version of python on this system. Can
someone help me configure python to let mytharchive find the python
modules it needs?
thansk