[mythtv-users] Audio over HDMI: my story

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed May 6 01:15:58 UTC 2009

> My understanding is that the audio is inserted into the same data stream as
> the video so the cable/ adapter cannot make any difference.

I'm aware of that, but it was my understanding that DVI ports wouldn
not transmit audio. So I took a quick look at wikipedia and:

"Unlike HDMI, DVI usually carries no audio data. However, it is
possible for a DVI port to transmit audio data to a HDMI connection if
a DVI to HDMI cable is used"

So I stand corrected. I wonder when that sort of thing became possible.

--
Ron