[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Antenna Problems

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Sat May 2 02:04:19 UTC 2009

Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> The HDHomerun has a capability to report signal strength
>
> hdhomerun_config <ID> get /tuner<tuner>/status
>
> will give you the signal strength and quality for the currently-tuned
> channel. Its also useful for aligning the antenna.

If you download and compile and install the hdhomerun_config_gui program
it will display a nice graphical view of the signal strength, signal
quality and symbol quality for tuned channels (a precompiled version is
available for Windows). I find this very helpful when trying to debug
antenna reception problems.

John