[mythtv-users] Theme stuff

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:54:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I assumed (remember what assuming does) that the filename was being set dynamically, reading the path from
> the database.  Actually, now that I think about it -- how does the filename attribute get set?  ie: if I
> understand correctly that the sweet looking background fanarts are done by imagetypes, and since those
> path's are included in the database -- how does path get into xml file?

Myth inserts certain values based on the name attribute.  Each screen
has certain name values that correspond to dynamic values inserted.
The fanart named imagetype loads the fanart for the selected item, but
it never parses the filename XML unless there isn't one assigned to
the selected item.  The random imagetype *only* applies the the parsed
<filename> attribute, so the two don't work together.  In my theme I
set the filename attribute of the fanart named imagetype to a
directory value, so that if there's no fanart, it'll randomly choose a
fanart backdrop so it still looks nice.

Robert