[mythtv-users] New deinterlacer for perfect image quality when using an interlaced display, mode that matches the source

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:41:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> The other thing I wonder about is whether we can get 2903 committed.
> Perhaps it could be made a configuration option with default being off.
> I haven't yet figured out how one adds new config options though.
>
> Cheers,
>        Paul.

Yea...I forgot to mention that.  When I first installed the new
deinterlacer I did so without the 2903 patch and thought the
deinterlacer wasn't working.  Then I noticed that it was enabling it
and then immediately falling back on none because of the refresh rate.
 After I recompiled with that patch it worked fine.

Tom