[mythtv-users] Channel Script Timeout

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:22:28 UTC 2009

On 24/03/2009, Scott Souter <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to find a way to leave my delays in my channel change script
> longer, but Live TV times out on me if I set them where I want.
>
>  I have a Dish/Expressvu 4100 Sat box and I use extra commands to ensure
> that I don't get stuck in menus.
>
>  At the top I call a "cancel" to get out of any guide left on the screen
>  Then I call "guide" to get out of any non-subscribed channels entered by
> accident
>  Next is the standard channel change script
>  After entering the channels, I press "select" twice to get out of the guide
>
>  The delay that seems to work best in between each command and between
> digits is 0.7.  With this delay I don't have enough time before Myth times
> out on the channel script.  I was considering using a background script to
> overcome this, but I don't think the channel entry part can exist in the
> background script.
>
>  Can anybody offer some advice?

Have MythTV call a wrapper script. Add a call to your actual channel
changing script in the wrapper, and run that call in the background.

Return true from the wrapper script immediately so that MythTV is
always happy that the channel change took place, and let your channel
changer take as much time as necessary to actually change the channel.
(Note that this simple approach will not report occasions if the
actual channel change failed.)

Nick

--
Nick Morrott