[mythtv-users] Backend looses mysql connection [SOLVED]

Philippe Van Der Gucht philippe at vandergucht.org
Mon Mar 23 22:29:27 UTC 2009

Philippe Van Der Gucht wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have a mythbuntu v9 (jaunty) system running here and mythbackend is
> having trouble connecting to the mysql db.
>
> This is what I get in the log:
> 2009-03-22 15:36:45.825 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
> localhost
> 2009-03-22 15:36:47.992 DB Error (Error clearing channel locks):
> Query was:
> DELETE FROM eit_cache WHERE status  = 1
> Driver error was [2/2006]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> MySQL server has gone away
>
> And it continues for different sql statements with the same result.
>
> The result is that I'm loosing scheduled programs.

The problem lies with the mysqld_safe script. It kills the mysql server
after a while because it thinks (wrongly) it hangs. This causes
mythbackend to deactivate scheduled programs for a tuner device it can't
find.

The fix involves modifying mysqld_safe:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server-bugs/2009-February/009799.html

This works for me.

Secondly, probably due to this annoying bug I had corruped tables. Check
your /var/log/syslog for error messages.

I followed these instructions to fix this:
http://forums.devshed.com/mysql-help-4/innodb-corruption-must-use-skip-innodb-589178.html

--
Your education begins when what is called your education is over.