[mythtv-users] AMD Phenom Lockups

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:33:43 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com>:

> What Phenom is it? It's not one of the very early ones with the cache bug is
> it? If so, do you have the bios update? (If the model number ends with 50
> then it should be ok.)

I second this.  I've a 9600 BE X4 and Live TV was quite unstable at 4
cores running in a 64-bit mode, though the stack trace was different
than yours (i.e., the OP's).  I throttled it down to 3 CPUs (i.e.,
max_cpus=3) and it's now rock solid.  No crashes.

> I've seen memory fail after several hours of memtesting, fixing it did fix
> the occasional random crashes.  (With the pvr, but was with myTheatre before
> I moved to myth.)
>
> Memory is funny stuff when it starts to go wrong.
>
> Also, myth is the kind of workload that does tend to stress memory, so that
> might explain it.

This is also a good one, especially if you're running 64 bits.  That
seems to expose RAM issues more readily than 32 bits.

HTH.

--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'