[mythtv-users] No "configure" command for mythfilldatabase

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Mar 21 02:55:02 UTC 2009

MythTV Users,

I am trying to get show schedule information using mythfilldatabase.

When I ran mythfilldatabase from the command line, it said:

$ mythfilldatabase
config file /home/media/.mythtv/Hauppauge.xmltv is empty, please delete
and run me with --configure

... so, I deleted the file, and then ran:

$ mythfilldatabase --configure
illegal option: '--configure' (use --help)

I ran mythfilldatabase with the --help option, and there is no
"--configure" option listed.

I'm a bit stuck since the instructions I am given do not match the reality.

My goal is to get mythfilldatabase working, either from the command line
or from within the MythTV interface. I'm not concerned about how, just
that in the end I get regularly updated program schedule information.

What can I try next?

Thank you for any advice or information.

--
Dave M G