[mythtv-users] clear qam listings?

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 23 02:43:36 UTC 2009

Gordon McLellan wrote:
> Where do I find listings data for clear-qam channels that I've found
> on my digital cable?
>
> I went through each one, figured out the call sign and programmed that
> into the database, hoping myth would match it up with the listings for
> the analog broadcast version of the channel, but it hasn't.  Some of
> the clear qam channels are in the lineup from my cable company, but
> the channel numbers are different.  Some of the channels appear
> duplicated, for example, I have three channels that are all TBS, and
> they show different programming, and appear to operate at different
> resolutions.
>
> Other channels, like the "MyTV12 Network" aren't in the lineup at all
> from the cable company... I searched them out online, and they appear
> to be a regional network in the mountain time zone!
>
> So, a couple questions:
>
> 1) How do I match up clear-qam channels to listing data from Schedules Direct?
>
> 2) What do I do with the channels that have multiple versions?

I went through the process you did, figuring out what each channel was.
Then in the Channel Editor, I set them to the channel to which they are
assigned in my cable listings. For example, I assigned channel 5.1
WRAL-HD to channel 255, which is where Time-Warner digital has it
listed. Then I could use MythTV's program guide to schedule recordings
for it.

Andrew Robinson