[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 02:24:45 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/21 David Miller <dave at justdave.net>:
> Actually I get the same conflict on intrepid when I add your repo.
>
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-180-libvdpau_180.37-0ubuntu5_amd64.deb
> (--unpack): trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libvdpau.so.1', which is also in
> package nvidia-glx-177

This is a FAQ ...

Due to the way libvdpau is now shipping in its own package ; it's not
compatible with earlier nvidia drivers. So you must uninstall earlier
nvidia drivers before you can install drivers > 180.22.

It's the same as all nvidia drivers >= 180.22, shipping with Ubuntu
8.10 or 9.04.

180.41 is available now, I;m uploading the new packages