[mythtv-users] lame version?

Mike Adolf mlnx at mho.com
Fri Mar 20 02:37:01 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Mike Adolf <mlnx at mho.com> wrote:
>
>> Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>>> As an aside, on ubuntu, it would be far easier to just issue the command:
>>>
>>> apt-get build-dep mythtv mythtv-plugins
>>>
>>> to get you all the dependencies to build from source.
>>>

>> Tried to do the above and got the error:
>> ---------------
>> Build-Depends dependency for mythtv cannot be satisfied because the package
>> xserver-xorg-video-via cannot be found
>> ---------------
>> In Googling around, it seems that Ubuntu replaced the via driver with
>> something called "openchrome one". I could not find anything about
>> installing the via driver on intrepid (hardy had it).
>>
>> Not sure if this means I just can't use
>>
>> apt-get build-dep mythtv mythtv-plugins
>>
>> or that  mythtv can't be installed on Ubuntu 8.10.
>>
>> Saw a reference to the following fix for a mythtv that use to work before
>> 8.01
>>
>> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>
>>> I also asked on mythtv-users and got the suggestion to change:
>>>
>>> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/util-xvmc.h:56: max_num_xvmc_surfaces(16),
>>> to:
>>> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/util-xvmc.h:56: max_num_xvmc_surfaces(14),
>>>
>> So I guess I just hit the proverbial brick wall.
>>
>> Mike

> It's fine, when you run the command you should get the list of all the
> other packages it would try to install.  Cut and paste them and do an
> apt-get install (giant list of packages here, without the parathesis).
>  The lack of that package should not prevent you from building myth
> (It *might* prevent building it with the openchrome XVMC support, but
> unless you've got a VIA graphics card and intend to use it with XVMC
> (very very few people) it shouldn't matter at all).
>
> Robert

Robert,
This is all I get.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting libfftw3-dev instead of fftw3-dev
E: Build-Depends dependency for mythtv cannot be satisfied because the package xserver-xorg-video-via cannot be found

I also tried --ignore-missing option. Get the same thing

Note. Synaptic now shows mythtv (client & server) and mythtvplugins packages with version "0.21.snv20090222-0.0". Are these the ones you mentioned that I should install (it doesn't say anything about fixes)? If so, maybe the package author took care of the dependencies.

Mike