[mythtv-users] myth front end on new mac mini core 2 duo?

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 20:24:50 UTC 2009

> FWIW, I put 4GB of RAM into mine (after receiving it, since Apple
> charges too much to have them do it), and after the RAM upgrade, the nvidia
> config utility reports 512MB of VRAM.
>
> It certainly seems nice and speedy.

This was something I was curious about with mine.  I bought the base model
for the same reason, but I was hoping that there'd be a config option we
could change in Linux to tell it to use more system memory than it
currently does.  I wouldn't mind losing 256-512MB memory for VRAM given
it's only going to be running myth.

Is anyone a nVidia guru to know if the use of system memory is something
that can be tweaked at the OS level, or is this something hardwired into
the hardware?

Thanks,