[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 04:15:02 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/17 Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com>:
> come across that way. I have xserver-xorg-core version
> 2:1.5.2-2ubuntu3 installed. It conflicts with xserver-xorg-video-2.

So do I, 2:1.5.2-2 is what is installed on all my machines.

I do see that it is marked as conflicting with xserver-xorg-video-2 .

I guess as I have installed it before installing the nvidia drivers it
has never caused a problem

I will investigate...

Maybe, unlike the other packages , it won't be possible to make a
nvidia drivers package that works on both 8.04 and 8.10

> The change from xserver-xorg-xvideo-4 to xserver-xorg-video-2 in the
> nvidia-glx-180 package now causes it to conflict with
> xserver-xorg-core. I don't think I have done anything nonstandard, but
> obviously something is different on my system. I am just using the
> standard ubuntu repositories and your repository. I don't know about
> the details of the versions of these various packages, I am just
> pulling the info I can from apt. Is there some difference with the
> version of xserver-xorg-core that is on my system that could be
> causing the problem?

Thanks for your help..

Maybe we should take this discussion offline instead
Jean-Yves