[mythtv-users] Freeview & Freesat combined (UK DVBT & DVBS)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Mar 16 14:16:10 UTC 2009

Andre Newman wrote:

> I find that you need one DVBT tuner with active EIT on or the schedule
> doesn't update fully or quickly, maybe it's better if you watch live TV
> but I almost never do. I've had one wrong recording due to EIT errors
> (Five US I think it was) in a couple of years, so unusual it was
> memorable! Although I rarely record anything on ITV and I know they are
> a nightmare with EIT like they were a nightmare with video plus.

I don't think Live TV has anything at all to do with the functioning of EIT
collection. You're right, there were problems before Christmas with the uk_rt
sources, but that was soon dealt with.

The issue I have with EIT is that it doesn't look very far ahead, so it gives
you little time to discover new programs/series/films you might want to record.
Plus, as I say, on occasion (and on certain channels, it has to be said), it can
be just plain wrong.

--

Mike Perkins