[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] comcast moving to settop on Bay Area - goodbye analog

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Mar 15 04:31:36 UTC 2009

Patrick Mansfield wrote:

>> * In the Portland area, these replacement digital channels are already active! I am able to tune into them with my HDTV. My MythBox's digital tuner can also see them, but I had to use a technique in the Wiki to get the correct channel numbers. The mythtvsetup scanner wasn't up to the task.
>
> Yeh, I rescanned in mythtv, and can't find the channels. My HDTV scanned
> and found the channels.
>
> So what wiki article are you talking about? A link please, and/or can you
> post your channel.conf equivalent?
>
> I've used channels.conf before but that was a few years ago.
>
> Gahhh ... I'm way behind, I just noticed .21 is out!!!
>
> -- Patrick Mansfield

I'm also in the Portland area.  Myth's scanner was unable to find any of
the newly decrypted channels.  I used the method described at
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5953 .  I had to make a
few tweaks to the python script (I believe I had to add 'where sourceid
=' to some of the db queries).  In all I think it took me about four
hours including verifying and editing all the channels.