[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] comcast moving to settop on Bay Area - goodbye analog

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 13 19:56:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:05:43AM -0700, Patrick Mansfield wrote:

> > * In the Portland area, these replacement digital channels are already active! I am able to tune into them with my HDTV. My MythBox's digital tuner can also see them, but I had to use a technique in the Wiki to get the correct channel numbers. The mythtvsetup scanner wasn't up to the task.
>
> Yeh, I rescanned in mythtv, and can't find the channels. My HDTV scanned
> and found the channels.
>
> So what wiki article are you talking about? A link please, and/or can you
> post your channel.conf equivalent?

Has anyone been able to use the mythtv scan to find some of these newer channels?

I slogged through it, I found this mapping of channel numbers (as
seen in silicondust) to frequencies:

		http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/channels.ods

Then found the xmltvid for the channel using zap2it.

Then added the new channel via mysql commands.

Fairly painful, but I got comedy central working for now ...

-- Patrick Mansfield