[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green" sata drive?

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri Mar 13 22:28:48 UTC 2009

> If anyone has 'em, would appreciate feedback, thanks.

I bought a Green 1TB as my last expansion drive.  Seems to work just fine
for Myth activity.  That includes HD recording and playback, transcoding
and commercial flagging.

It's slightly faster than all the older drives in my box (7200 rpm
Seagates ranging from 200 to 500 GB) according to hdparm's read tests.

Mind you, I think I paid a $2 premium over the black, on sale.

Greg