[mythtv-users] RAM differences, was: will this system cut it ?

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Fri Mar 13 21:18:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Stackpole, Chris
> <CStackpole at barbnet.com> wrote:

I could not get a Crucial 4GB DDR2 800 Dual-Channel pair to work in my Asus
board (would not even POST), but an OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 Dual-channel pair
worked perfectly.

The same Crucial 4GB DDR2 set would not work in a 2nd Asus motherboard, but
4x1GB DDR2 sticks did...

So now I've got a Crucial 4GB DDR2 800 set that won't work in my current
systems... Hopefully it will work in the next box I build...

YMMV, but based on that experience, I think I'll stick with OCZ in the
future. ;-)

J-e-f-f-A