[mythtv-users] cx88x audio problems

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:42:34 UTC 2009

>> an old vinyl record when you slow it down, women sound like men and men
>> sound like demons from a low budget thriller. This happens in both
>> recordings and live TV, I don't see any audio settings in mythtv like there
>> is for the software encoder cards and i assume this is because the audio is
>> encoded along with the video as part of the mpeg stream. What can I do to
>> fix this?

I had this same problem with ATSC recordings of Fox shows, only Fox.
Usually the audio started out OK and then went into devil-talk partway
in. Sometimes normal audio would return, usually not.

I transcode all my recordings with ffmpeg and was just keeping the
broadcasted AC3 audio stream intact, so I changed the codec to MP3
(libmp3lame, actually) and so far the problem has not returned. Maybe
ffmpeg is "fixing" the sampling rate during transcoding?
___
 /yler