[mythtv-users] Anyone using a "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-S Plus PCI Card - Model 790"

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 12 13:03:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, March 12, 2009 11:31 am, Adam Skinner wrote:

> I need a cheap DVB-S card - the linux dvb wiki has some info - but not
> lots.
>
> Its the model 790 part that is throwing me off - after I bought a dvb-t
> card that looked like it was supported but the different model number
> had different chips.
>
> Here is where it is from:
>
> http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/904352/Hauppauge-WinTV-NOVA-S-PLUS-Digital-Satellite-PCI-Card-Model-790/Product.html
>
> Linux dvb wiki -
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus
>

> If anyone has one of these - please can you tell me if its working?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Adam,

   I have an older Nova-S in my PC and it works fine, I think as long as
the DVB-S tuner chip is the same then it should work fine. I think the
only difference is that you have the extra video inputs on the plus
model.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S_PCI

It says on the link above that the 794 has been supported since 2005. Mine
worked straight away in Fedora 10 without on configuration. What results
or you getting and which distribution are you running ?

Dave K.