[mythtv-users] Anyone using a "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-S Plus PCI Card - Model 790"

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:58:04 UTC 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 12:17, Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com wrote:

> >If anyone has one of these - please can you tell me if its working?

I have a couple of them, works fine with the stock kernel in Ubuntu
8.04.

> I don't have this card anymore because after a few months the tone
> switching stopped working, so I returned it to the webshop and got a
> HVR-4000 as a replacement free of charge.

Interesting, the newer one of my Nova S plus cards doesn't work with
tone switching! Haven't had chance to swap it out to prove if it's
software or hardware, it's in a friend's PC a few miles away and the
channels it's recording are all low band ones. His Sky+ gets all the
channels so his LNB is probably fine.

I doubt Dabs will be as accommodating but thanks for reminding me
about it before the warranty expires, I had assumed it was a
misconfiguration or driver problem (like the H/V switching fubar in
the Nova HD S2 driver).

Andre