[mythtv-users] Recordings Playback too fast on Frontend, fine on Backend: SOLUTION maybe?

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:06:35 UTC 2009

Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now.
> It's not an alsa problem (no chipunks) and I did not activate the
> timebase option.
> The internal player just pushes out all the frames way too fast, audio
> plays normal.
> LiveTV works normal. The backend is running on Lenny. I had this
> problem even before using vdpau.
> /Met vriendelijke groeten,/
> *Jelle De Loecker*
> Kipdola Studios - Tomberg
Ok, another update.  I've figure out how to make the problem stop on my
FE:  Turn off UseOpenGLVSync in Playback settings.  Stangely, my BE
still uses this without issue, however the differences in this space
between the FE and BE are now numerous:

FE;  Xorg 1.5.3-r1 , x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-177.82
BE: Xorg  , x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-180.29