[mythtv-users] Freebox autotranscode - recording profile?

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Sun Mar 8 23:14:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've set up Sasktel Max via the freebox thanks in large part to help
from Robert Johnson and the wiki.  Things seem to be working great, and
I'm making progress at creating an HDTV playlist (which I will put on
the wiki when it's correct)

The only problem is that the HD channels are all H.264, and my frontends
can't handle it.  I can transcode to a more CPU friendly format, and
everything looks great.  So I'd like to set up recording rules to auto
transcode.

When I do that, nothing happens.  A similar thing happened when I was
using Firewire - I had to set up a "Recording Profile" for "FireWire
Input"  Does anyone know what the corresponding profile would be for
Freebox recordings?  If not, I'll poke around in the source and see if I
can't find it.

Greg