[mythtv-users] How do I remove recordings without files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 6 10:14:44 UTC 2009

On 03/05/2009 09:23 AM, jarpublic wrote:
> I wrote a thread about this a week or two ago. You should be able to
> delete individual recordings without files from the watch recordings
> sections of the frontend, as long as you are running .21 or newer.
> Older versions of mythtv didn't allow you to delete recordings with
> missing files. If you are trying to delete from mythweb, or if you
> have used a playlist to select all of the files, then you won't be
> able to delete them if the files are missing. I wanted to do a delete
> and allow rerecord in my case so it was a little more involved. Check
> out this thread in the archives. They discuss the issue and someone
> posted a link to an updated version of the find orphans script that
> will allow rerecord.

As I tried to tell you before--in fact, in the second e-mail in the
first thread you linked above--you /can/ Delete and allow re-record even
if the file is missing.  You do /exactly/ what you said above, but don't
chicken out.  When you get the Not Available Popup (that says,
recording can not be found") you'll see two buttons, "Show Program
Details" and "Delete."  If you select "Delete", you then get the Delete
Popup, which gives you 3 options to the question, "Are you sure you want
to delete: <recording info>":  "Yes, and allow re-record", "Yes, delete
it", and "No, keep it, I changed my mind."  Then, if you select either,
"Yes," answer, you'll get the "file is missing, are you sure you want to
delete" popup...

Therefore, there's no reason that it should have been "a little more
involved" in your case just because you wanted to use Delete and allow
re-record...

Since you didn't believe me before, I actually tried it again just now,
and it /still/ works properly.

So, please quit spreading nasty rumors about not being able to Delete
and allow re-record if the file is missing...

Mike