[mythtv-users] Could not connect to the master backend server

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Mar 4 09:38:23 UTC 2009

Jos Hoekstra schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis schreef op 3-3-2009 14:53:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I removed all mysql and mythtv packages, also all configuration and
>> databases. Then I installed new and the problem is gone.
>>
>> What I did now, was adding the user "paul" to the group "mythtv". Then
>> logout and login and then run the setup for the backend as user "paul".
>>
>> Before I did run the setup for the backend as root (wrong!), and did run
>> the frontend as user mythtv.
>>
>> I have still problems (i only see snow when I try to watch TV...), but
>> my first problem is gone.
>>
>> Thanks all for your help.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Paul van der Vlis.
>
> You're welcome, I'm assuming you're on cable?

Yes, analog cable from Ziggo, that's normal in Groningen, Netherlands.

> Did you already add
> frequencies or channelnumbers to the channels? Like E5. E12 or something
> like 68 or alike?

Yes, I first try to use channels like "5" for Nederland 1. Now I am
using frequencies like "175.25", but this does not work too.

What do you mean with E5 and E12?  I tried E5, but it did not work.

I am not sure my Hauppauge PVR-150 works fine. I am using kernel 2.6.26
so I expect all drivers are there. The module ivtv is not automatically
loaded. ivtv-utils are installed. How can I test the TV-card?

> Good luck,

Thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet,
Paul van der Vlis.