[mythtv-users] DVI to HDMI what about th eaudio???

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 23:37:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:55 PM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully this will be a learning thread for others that run into a similar
> problem...
>
> I'm a bit confused on the link between alsa and xorg.conf. I was under the
> impression that xorg was video only?
>
> running asound -l gets me nothing, "command not found"
>
> When referring to updating alsa are we talking about CVS? I am currently
> running 120.29 Nvidia.
>
> "I am quite certain that your problem with no sound via HDMI is software
> related. There are a few threads on this on this mailing list. Try to search
> the mailing list archives."
>
> Since I was able to get sound when disabling EDID in xorg.conf wouldn't that
> prove that the sound is up to snuff?
>
> Thanks,

I forgot to say that I was referring to you having digital sound into
your TV, not analog sound.  On the file that didn't run, I should
check this stuff before hitting send but my wife was yelling at me.
:-)  aplay -l

On asla, you want 1.0.18 or later

I am shooting in the dark here just thinking that you need the latest stuff.

It may be that all you need to do is go into your bios and enable
digital sound through the DVI port.  It is worth a shot.

Allen