[mythtv-users] unable to do a smart upgrade due to lirc

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Sat Jun 20 22:05:26 UTC 2009

On Saturday 20 June 2009 03:48:25 pm Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I try to do a smart upgrade (FC10 using atrpms and standard
> repos), I get the following error:
>
> error: file /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.1 from install of
> lirc-libs-0.8.5-2.fc10.i386 conflicts with file from package
> liblirc_client0-0.8.4a-81.fc10.i386
>
> Any ideas what to do short of removing lirc?

I did it by upgrading while excluding all lirc packages.  Then I force removed
the liblirc_client0 package (rpm -e --nodeps) and upgraded lirc.  It should be
possible to do the remove first and then upgrade without any excludes.

When you have upgraded, remember that the format of the config files for the
daemon have changed (/etc/init.d and /etc/sysconfig).  I use lirc_i2c, so I am
using unmodified config files but I had to add lirc.modules to
/etc/sysconfig/modules.  I believe using the new configs for the daemon have
been discussed on this list before.

-- Harry O.