[mythtv-users] Empty files, still a problem

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Thu Jun 18 12:50:31 UTC 2009

Earlier this week I reported on this list that TV shows I was recording
were empty files when I tried to play them back. Watching live TV still
worked. It was suggested that the input connections configuration was
broken & that I needed to reset it up which I did. It didn't fix the
problem. So I tried as couple more times & all my data in the listings
disappeared. I tried setting up Shepherd again, but that didn't fix that
problem.

So being new to Linux, I reinstalled Ubuntu & MythTV, updated it to the
fixes branch via the Mythbuntu web site & resetup MythTV. I confirmed
that I could watch live TV on it, then I installed Shepherd, & after
Shepherd had updated itself, selected some shows to record. It's still
recording empty files.

I'm running the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 9.04, the fixes branch of
MythTV & a HD Homerun tuner.

I should point out that prior to getting the HD Homerun, I was
successfully using MythTV on Ubuntu 8.1 with a USB TV tuner.

Can anyone suggest another solution?

TIA

Peter