[mythtv-users] Another take on large-capacity disk enclosures

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 15 22:01:09 UTC 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 15:52:18 John Drescher wrote:

> > Most consumer boards have at least one PCI-Express 16X slot, but I had
> > little luck finding a PCI-Express disk controller that was not hardware
> > RAID, with its attendant cost.
>
> Links please. I really could use 8 port or greater SATA2 controllers
> in my file servers that do not include hardware raid that I will never
> use.

I'd say you have found the best answer. I spent considerable time looking and
somebody here on the list pointed out the SuperMicro board. I've not found a
better solution. I just wanted to point out that you should not expect the
performance listed for a 133Mhz. slot if you use a pair of them.

I didn't find any standard PCI cards that were more than 4 drives.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org