[mythtv-users] scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:39:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Jeff Wormsley<daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Just a note...
>
> I had a similar issue with the script.  I only have one tuner (and A-180)
> but it has been added and deleted several times since initial install, such
> that (with multirec) when I look at tuner status I see Tuner 5, Tuner 6,
> Tuner 7, Tuner 8 and Tuner 9.  The script wasn't too happy with that,
> putting entries in for tuner 1, which doesn't exist (most people's setups
> probably don't have this problem).

I think in the resulting .sql file from scte65scan, we are dealing
with "sourceid" which is the video source (e.g. SchedulesDirect) not
the tuner. The identification for the tuner is "cardid".  But, I could
be wrong.

> Also, one of my channels had a ' in the call sign/name field, which broke
> the generated SQL.  I hand edited the file to change ' to '' (two single
> ticks, not a double) and it worked (well, aside from the above issue).
>
> Another issue:  I checked my DTA box and found the VCT ID.  When I looked at
> the generated tables, however, the channels that it named (like 18.1, 18.2
> etc) for that ID were not the same as the channels that a normal scan
> produced.  For example, on 18, scan (in Myth, not the dvb-util command)
> showed I had 18#0 through 18#7 or so, but scte65scan said I had 18.1, 18.2
> and 18.3.

This is just the separated chosen in mythtv-setup. the author of
scte65scan must have just the peiod as the separator.

Also, if you have subchannels, you are scanning ATSC OTA, which is
different than cable. If you are scanning cable channels, I'm totally
lost!

Brad Fuller