[mythtv-users] scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:24:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM, RAM<ram at bca.com> wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> Yes you could, so first make a backup of the database!
> I discovered scte65scan last weekend and used it to install 2 hdhomerun
> ports.  See the tail end of this thread
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/382657?search_string=scte65scan;#382657
>
> for my hack for a workaround (Dennis is looking at making the sql script
> smarter,  however if you use the wrong card id nothing will help.)
>
> The only thing I will add is that there is still a potential for problems if
> new cable channels are found and other cards have added channels since the
> cable channels were originally added.

Thanks Roy. I didn't see a reference to sourceid in the link you gave.
I guess my question should be a little less fuzzy. I fear that
dtv_multiplex is a table that both pcHDTV3000 and HDHR (and any other
digital card) uses and thus the sourceid in the resulting .sql file
could be off. And, if I use \as is' I might delete my currect OTA HDHR
or my pchdtv3000 table.

 Can anyone confirm that and if so, how do I tell?

> Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>> I have a Q about the .sql file that results from scte65scan.  At the
>> beginning of the file, it has:
>>
>> DELETE FROM dtv_multiplex WHERE sourceid=1;
>>
>> I created the file from tuner 1 since tuner 0 of my HDTV is OTA.
>> However, I also have a pchdTV3000 (OTA) card. I'm asking if there will
>> be any conflict with it. Does the pchdtv3000 use this table as well?
>> And if so, could I inadvertently delete the wrong table?

Brad Fuller