[mythtv-users] Nova 500 DVB-T Dual Tuner - Are they rubbish?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:07:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Lindsay
Mathieson<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> PC DVB Tuners do seem to be more sensitive to signal noise
> than TV ones (in my experience anyway).
>
> How are you feeding the signal to the Nova? a spliter?
> powered splitter?
>
> Might be worthwhile feeding it the sole signal direct from
> the wall socket to see if that makes a difference.

The original feed from the roof aerial is split and amplified in the
roofspace and supplied to about 6 or 7 wall points.  From the wall, it
is a direct feed to the PC tuner card.  These aren't the fancy type F
connectors that I have read about though, just standard wall jacks.
This is a brand new house though, with a digital specific aerial.

> What part of Brisbane?

This is in New Beith, which is out Greenbank way.  I am about 10kms as
the crow flies from his house and have OK reception with a much older
aerial (18years?) and my three Avermedia DVB-T tuner cards.  I haven't
tried his server at my house though, perhaps I should???

Thanks for your help Lindsay.  Any more hints welcome, I am at a loss
of where to go, without trying another tuner and that might just be a
waste of money!

Cheers,
Whytey