[mythtv-users] hdhomerun scan produces pound signs

ojw at weilerfamily.com ojw at weilerfamily.com
Sun Jun 14 01:20:25 UTC 2009

With the new DTV transition, I figured I needed to rescan for current
digital channels using one of my HDHomeRuns.  What happens now is that
all the channels come out with pound sign separators, ie. 7#1, 13#2.
I saw a message way back from 2008 on this list saying I should
increase my tuning timeout, which I did (from 3 to 6 seconds) but that
didn't seem to help.

Any other ideas that might help?  For what it's worth, I'm in southern
california and mythtvfrontend --version shows this:

MythTV Version   : exported
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-21
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2
using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

and I'm using 3 HDHomerun's for a total of 6 tuners (all hdhomeruns
are on a separate Gigabit network).