[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:01:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 21:47, Nick F<nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is with a full size 1.5TB Seagate HDD attached (it was the only
> SATA drive I had spare).  I'm hoping when I pair it with a 2.5" laptop
> drive the power usage will drop further (and in the future I hope to
> netboot).

Out of interest, why not use a CF card and a CF-IDE (Or CF-SATA)
adaptor? It's not like they're expensive. And with tiny power
consumption, flash speeds for ultra-fast booting (Especially with the
newer high-speed cards), sizes up to 32GB for storing your linux
system, and no noise, there's little in the way of downsides.

Oh yeah, and they don't soak up network bandwidth (needed for a busy
network streaming HD around) as they boot, navigate around menus, or
any other task.

Just make sure you set noatime, have your tmp (and /var/log) on a
ramdisk, or use a central syslog server, disable swap, and you're
golden.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
Sent from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada