[mythtv-users] gentoo VDPAU ported ebuilds or alternatives?

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 9 06:50:38 UTC 2009

Hi All

I've had a system running on Gentoo for a while, but in an effort to consolidate
power usage I am moving my backend to my general home
file-server/firewall/router. Let me know if this is a bad idea first....

I have VDPAU capable cards for my two frontends, but have been waiting patiently
for the 0.22 release of MythTV.

I am not the most patient person so I was wondering about a few alternatives to
make use of VDPAU on my frontend machines.

1. Running Gentoo on my backend with the most current 0.21 ebuild. . Using a
custom ebuild for the patched version (either making my own or using this one
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-731657-highlight-vdpau+mythtv.html)

2. Running Gentoo on my backend with the most current 0.21 ebuild, but using
mythbuntu (or ubuntu normal) with Jean's patched versions of 0.21.

3. Any other alternatives that people might suggest.

Lastly, I could always keep waiting for 0.22 and for it to make it into portage..
if people think that it is getting close (say within 6 months) as my frontend
systems are powerful enough to do fairly good de-interlacing.

cheers

Allan Klinbail