[mythtv-users] no audio after Nvidia driver install

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:20:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:34 AM, James Neff<neffland at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Lindsay
> Mathieson<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:59:46 pm James Neff wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> New to MythTV using version 0.21, MythBuntu distro.  kernel 2.6.28-11
>>> Hauppauge 1600 model 1178 using cx18-0 v4l-cx23418-apu.fw
>>> nForce 2 motherboard w/ onboard audio AC97
>>> video source is DirectTv to analog in on my Hauppauge 1600 board.
>>
>> How is you your sound output?
>> - Analog ? (Stereo or 5.1 Jacks?)
>> - Digitial (Optical or Coax?)
>> - to an amp?
>> - to your TV?
>

> Analog from motherboard embedded sound controller, stereo.  It is a
> shared port so if I did have 5.1 it would use the same port plus the
> line out and mic I think for 5.1.  Eventually I would like to use 5.1.
>  If I plug stereo headphones into the green jack (analog) then I can
> hear from Play DVD and from the command line aplay.
>
> No digital, no amp.
>
> To TV goes from analog out (green jack) to RCA converter in wire into
> TV switch RCA in.  TV switch has analog coax (300 ohm I think?) to
> very old TV.  Playing DVD I can hear audio from TV but not "Watch TV"
> from myth.
>
> Thanks!

Are you using an hdmi connector to your tv? If so the nvidia driver
may be inserting a null audio feed into the dvi/hdmi stream. This can
fool the tv into thinking it has an hdmi audio feed and turning off
the RCA inputs.

If that is the problem, see this thread.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/373493#373493