[mythtv-users] no audio after Nvidia driver install

James Neff neffland at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:34:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Lindsay
Mathieson<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:59:46 pm James Neff wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> New to MythTV using version 0.21, MythBuntu distro.  kernel 2.6.28-11
>> Hauppauge 1600 model 1178 using cx18-0 v4l-cx23418-apu.fw
>> nForce 2 motherboard w/ onboard audio AC97
>> video source is DirectTv to analog in on my Hauppauge 1600 board.
>
> How is you your sound output?
> - Analog ? (Stereo or 5.1 Jacks?)
> - Digitial (Optical or Coax?)
> - to an amp?
> - to your TV?

Analog from motherboard embedded sound controller, stereo.  It is a
shared port so if I did have 5.1 it would use the same port plus the
line out and mic I think for 5.1.  Eventually I would like to use 5.1.
 If I plug stereo headphones into the green jack (analog) then I can
hear from Play DVD and from the command line aplay.

No digital, no amp.

To TV goes from analog out (green jack) to RCA converter in wire into
TV switch RCA in.  TV switch has analog coax (300 ohm I think?) to
very old TV.  Playing DVD I can hear audio from TV but not "Watch TV"
from myth.

Thanks!