[mythtv-users] Gmane?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Jun 7 16:54:37 UTC 2009

I'd like to say that I really like using gmane to read mailing lists.
It makes it easy to subscribe and unsubscribe to them with a couple of
keystrokes in my newsreader, and eases the volume of messages that my
mail client and imap server have to deal with.  *Every* mailing list I'm
interested in (and that's a fairly large number), except the mythtv
lists, is forwarded to gmane, and in almost every case they allow posts
via gmane as well.  I don't know of any spam problems that this creates,
since gmane requires a confirmation the first time you post, so it's no
easier for spammers to post via gmane than to simply subscribe to the
list and post that way.

gmane provides a browsable web interface, an nntp interface, archive
searching, etc, all in one convenient package.

So I'd like to second the request for subscribing this list to gmane.

Dan