[mythtv-users] Webcam Issue (no device found) on Mythbuntu 8.10

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 7 01:27:46 UTC 2009

On Saturday 06 June 2009 19:16:04 C.T. Paterson wrote:

> This means it works on one mythbuntu 8.10 machine and not the other.
> What's different?  What jumps out at me first is that the "real" myth
> machine (the one where the camera doesn't work) has on it a capture
> card, using /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.  My best guess says that
> there is a conflict here.
>
> Any ideas?  Any way I can check this?

Do I recall you were trying to get Skype working?

I have an Ubuntu 8.10 box (well. Kubuntu really). It's not running Myth, but
it has a PCHD-3000 card and a Logitech Web Cam.

Things work fine, but somewhere in the Skype setup you have to select the
video device. It seems to default to /video0 (with interesting results), but
once you set it to video1 (the web cam), things work fine.

Don't think it would make any difference, but this is an amd64 machine,
running 64-bit Kubuntu.

--
beww
beww at beww.org