[mythtv-users] playback scaled to virtual screen size

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sat Jun 6 05:25:16 UTC 2009

When I play recorded programs, Myth uses xrandr to set the screen
resolution based on the resolution the program was recorded at.  I have
it configured to use 720p for everything except 1080i recordings, which
use 1080i.  According to xrandr, the video mode is as expected during
playback, but it seems to be scaling the video to the virtual
(1920x1080) screen dimensions, not the physical (1280x720) dimensions.

Did I make that clear?  1080i recordings work great.  Everything else
only shows the upper left two-thirds or so of the image because X is set
to 720p, but the video playback is scaling it to the full virtual 1080i
size.

Making it even weirder, everything works great for live TV.

This is with current trunk code.

Is this a bug, or do I have something configured incorrectly?