[mythtv-users] Mythtv to go? Any guides/suggestions for watching my recordings on a plane?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:23:22 UTC 2009

> Somewhat OT but how does myth decide whether to record as *.mpg or *.nuv?  I
> just checked my (nearly all SD) BE and I only found a single *.nuv file that
> was very small.  Is this set in the recording profiles or SD vs HD?

It depends on how things are encoded. I think a while back all mpeg2
files were stored as .nuv files. Now I think most mpeg2 hardware
encoders will just give you a normal .mpg file. I think that the
software encoders will still give you .nuv files and I think that
mythtranscode will produce .nuv files as well.