[mythtv-users] Trying to use upnp, weird issues

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 5 18:05:38 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use the upnp features of mythtv to serve my music and pictures.
I'm using the 0.21 packages from the stable tree of debian-multimedia.org on a
Debian Stable system.

I've installed djmount on a separate machine, and it does not see any upnp
servers on my internal network.

I've read the the ip address (not localhost), must be entered in to the
backend for upnp to work properly.  Well Mythtv-setup has the proper ip
address entered, but the setup->general screen in mythfrontend points to
localhost.  If I try to change this, then I can no longer connect to the
database, and the backend will not restart either.

I've used nmap to check the standard upnp ports, but tcp 5000, 1900 and udp
1900 are all closed.

Does anyone have any advice?

Mark